Are you taking advantage of Social Media to improve your business? Facebook and Twitter been proven to be valuable assets to small business owners, authors, and public speakers. However, many fail to use social media properly, consequently, not reaping the benefits. Social Media can be a powerful tool for small business owners, if done correctly. In order to reap the benefits of social media it’s important to have a strategy in place. Below are 10 Social Media tips that can be beneficial to your small business.
1. Meaningful content-You’ve heard that content is king, that’s still true in social media. Say things that will leave an impact on your clients. They want to know that you are a professional, and they can trust you.
2. Professional Branding Design-When people view your page, it should be visually appealing. If your page is plain, there is a good chance that people may not stay on the site. You could have the best social media strategy in place; it’s time and money wasted if few people see it.
3. Integrate Social Media with traditional marketing efforts-Press Releases are still effective in marketing. When you tweet your press release or put it on Facebook, magic can happen! You will be getting more exposure from twitter followers and Facebook fans.
4. Connect with people in your industry or potential clients- Social Media is here for networking. On Twitter, follow people that you want to do business with. And interact with them, comment on their tweets.
5. Use hashtags on twitter-When people search the subject of your hashtag, it can be a way of creating new followers.
Understanding What Is Social Media Marketing Definition?
Why Using Social Media Marketing for Business?
Social Media Community with The Perfect Business
Getting Benefits from Social Media Advertising
6. Facebook ads-Facebook ads are an inexpensive way to gain more fans to reach your potential customers and grow your fan base. It is a cost effective way to bring awareness to your brand and drive traffic to your site.
7. Schedule your tweets and Facebook statuses- Consistency is vital in social media. When you schedule your status updates, it will insure that you are being consistent with your social media. In order to get results, it is important to stay active in social media.
8. Integrate all social media accounts-Connecting all of your social media accounts is a great way to stay connected with customers. If a customer is activity connecting with you on Twitter, there’s a good chance that they would want that Facebook connection as well.
9. Be real and Be yourself-People want to know that they are talking to a real person. Although, social media tools such as hootsuite will allow you to schedule your tweets. You should tweet things in real time. Ask questions about their weekends, clients love that type of interaction.
10. Listen and respond-If you have a fan or a follower, they want to connect with you. If they tell you something about your business, listen. Respond, even if they say something negative. They are the reason why your business exists, and when you take the time to listen to them, it shows that they matter.
When correctly used, Social Media is an excellent tool used by many small business owners. And can take your business to the next level. By using these tips, you will be using social media to the best of your advantage.Tags: social media marketing tips, social media marketing tips for small business